Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Amerigo Entry 6

June 10, 1503- February 21, 1512
           On June 10, 1503, I set out on my fourth voyage.  Again, I was accompanied by Gonzal Coelho.  We set sail for Cape Verde.  We were excited to set sail once again!
           The third week of our voyage was one of our crew member's birthday.  His name was Mac.  On his birthday, we celebrated with some cake.  Ethan ate a little too much.  That night, Ethan was sick and kept us all up.  When Ethan finally fell asleep, Mac went to go check on him.  Ethan slept the rest of the night but was still feeling sick the next morning.  After some rest though, Ethan was all better. 
           We reached Cape Verde on August 5, 1503.  We explored Cape Verde.  After exploring for a few days, we headed home.  On the return journey, we discovered new islands.  We returned home on June 18, 1504.
          After being back in Spain for a year, I decided to become a citizen of Spain.  I became a naturalized  Spaniard on April 14, 1505.  On May 7, 1505 I married Maria Cerezo.  We were happily married.  Later that year, I made a 5th voyage with Juan de la Cosa.  We once again went to explore Cape Verde.  I returned home on October 12, 1505. 
          In 1507, I made my 6th and final voyage.  I went with Juan de la Cosa to Cape Verde for the last time.  I returned home on August 3, 1507.  That same year, German cartographer Martin Waldseemuller, printed the first map that used the name America for the New World.
           On August 6, 1508 I was elected Piloto Mayor of Spain.  Today is February 21, 1512.  Right now I am sick with Malaria and my days are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment