Sunday, September 18, 2011

Amerigo Entry 2

March 18, 1497- March 27, 1497

          Hello, I'm Amerigo Vespucci!  I was born on March 9, 1451.  I am an Italian explorer, financier, navigator, and cartographer.  I am the third son of Sir Anatasio. I was born to a prominent family in Florence, Italy.  I have been very well educated by my uncle. As a child, I read widely and collected books and maps.  I worked in Seville, Spain. There I learned about the voyages of exploration and the men who were searching for a Northwest passage to the Indies. 
          I have an older brother named Max. He is five years older than me, and we don't really get along.  When I was nine years old and he was fourteen, he pushed me down our neighbors' dried up well.  He told my parents that I was at my best friends house, Jacopo.  Max told my parents that I was staying at his house for three days, so they didn't think that I was missing.  After four days, my momma showed up at Jacopo's house.  She asked where I was.  He said that he had not seen me for five days.  In a panic, my mom ran home to Max.  "Where is your little brother?!" she screamed. "I don't know" he lied.  My parents started a search party looking everywhere for me.  Almost a week after my disappearence, Jacopo found me. he screamed, "I found him! I found him!"  Another hour later, my father fished me out of the well.  I was unconscious.  I hadn't had any food in a week, and I had barely had any water since the well was drying out.  When my parents demanded an explaination, I told them what Max had done to me.  They said that he would have to cook, clean, and behave for a month.  I didn't think the punishment was severe enough considering what I had to go through.  The accident left me extremely claustrophobic.  I have been ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment